SharePoint Appraisal System (SPPAS) is a performance appraisal system built on the SharePoint platform by Microsoft. It incorporates well proven appraisal methodology to help companies and organisations assess their staff. SPPAS can be used for:
- Probation Assessment
- Promotion Assessment
- Performance Assessment
The overall appraisal process used by SPPAS can be summarized by the diagram below:
- The process starts by HR defining some core values that all staff must be assessed on. HR determines when this appraisal should be available for Assessors to start the process.
- Appraisers creates a template from the base template HR created. Assessors add Key Business Results that Assesses must be evaluated on. Appraisers will then rate each objective and a final score is calculated by SPPAS.
- Appraisees then add their comments to the appraisal. This gives them the opportunity to dispute any scores and attach evidence where necessary.
- Appraisers add final comments to appraisal. They also have opportunity to respond to comments made by Appraisees.
- Where a manager is selected to be part of the appraisal process, the Manager will then add his/her comment.
- HR will add comment if the appraisal process was set up to require comments from them.
When a report of poor performance is made at the end of a review period, HR can start a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP). The PIP process can be summarized below:
- HR initiates a PIP by setting the start and ending dates. HR will add specific improvement objectives/target.
- Appraiser may also add additional improvement objectives/target.
- HR, Appraiser and Appraisee updates each objective/target by updating with comments
- Appraiser will indicate if the PIP process was successful (employee was able to improve performance deficiency) or not at the end of the process.