This is the fifth step of the SPPAS installation. This step will help you install the Power BI report.
Before We Begin
- You need to be a Power BI admin or a User with permission to installed an app.
- Please make sure that you have followed the previous installation step from this article: Installation Step 4: Create a full-page app in SharePoint
Step 1: Install the Power BI app
Go to https://appsource.microsoft.com and search for SPPAS Dashboard or use this direct link.
Then, select Get it now. Confirm that you want to install this app.
The Power BI service displays a success message once the app is installed.
Select Go to app. The app opens, showing sample data.
Step 2: Connect to your own data
Select the Connect your data link on the banner at the top of the page.
This opens the parameters dialog, where you change the data source from the sample data to your own data source (see known limitations), followed by the authentication method dialog. You may have to redefine the values in these dialogs.
Once you’ve finished filling out the connection dialogs, the connection process starts. A banner informs you that the data is being refreshed, and that in the meantime you are viewing sample data.
Your report data will automatically refresh once a day, unless you disabled this during the sign-in process. You can also set up your own refresh schedule to keep the report data up to date if you so desire.
- Installation Step 1: Purchase a SPPAS SaaS from Azure Market Place
- Installation Step 2: Create a Team Site
- Installation Step 3: Install SPASS in the Team Site
- Installation Step 4: Create a full-page app in SharePoint
- Installations Step 5: Install the Power BI report
- Installations Step 6: Assign Users licences